Sunday, September 12, 2010

A song...

Sigh, this has been a very trying week, month, year, you name it. Sometimes I just need a song to lift my spirit. I even think I dream in music. I did a video earlier this week about some tomfoolery but I'm just in another place right now mentally that I don't think I will even bother posting it. I've really been trying to be upbeat and optimistic about things, but every day I am presented with a new challenge that knocks me down before I can get back up from the first blow.

I'm convinced the crazy, aggressive men coming out the woodwork and other distraction are just a way for the enemy to keep me off my game and unfocused. I look the other way to acknowledge the crazy stuff, I turn back and every thing is on fire. All I can do is stay focus on the prize. If that means I have to mean mug or drop bows for people to get the picture then so be it...walk away. I have no idea why God is allowing so many things to happen to me and all at once. Sometimes I think about just walking away from it all and not looking back. I think this is really the time one has to really rely on their faith and remember if He did it before he can do it again.

I left Chicago with nothing back in 2002. I put $500 down on a car and packed my things and drove to MD (this was the beginning of my cross country moving expeditions). I had a low paying fellowship because like everyone else I had to take what I could get since companies stopped hiring after 9/11/01. I survived, some might say I thrived after a rough beginning in the area. So I have to remember those times and know it is possible and I would play the heck out of my Dr. Charles Hayes cd. So here is one of the songs that I think everyone gets hyped when they hear it...this is the remix of course ;-) Sometimes I miss my pentecostal upbringing and church choirs that actually SANG! Who knew they had a video for the remix and yes it is filmed in Chicago and is a lil' hotmess...lol.



R.I.P. Dr. Linda Sapp, I love the song by her husband, but I love how the song is sung by everyone. This video of the little girl singing Never Would of Made It brings a smile to my face. Not because she has great vocals but her spirit is so upbeat and she is praising God...now they know they were wrong for having her talk in tongue. But when I'm sad and wiping the tears from my eyes, I thank God for music to encourage me to wake up the next day. Lord knows it's a battle. For the ADD ppl such as myself, the video is only a minute and some change. Be blessed y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment